Saturday, December 8, 2012

a tale of two cities: Milan

Florence was a beautiful city, but I was anxious to arrive in Milan and see Olivia. I found her almost immediately after exiting the train, and tackled her accordingly. The weekend got much better from there. Olivia took me back to her adorable little flat where I met her very sweet housemates and friends. She even cooked me dinner! 


The next day she took me on a tour around Milan, which was much more impressive than I expected. Everyone ragged on Milan from my program but I liked it! It doesn't have the ancient city feeling that Florence or Rome has, but it's still beautiful. It reminded me a little of Manhattan. And I actually thought the Duomo in Milan was more spectacular than the one in Florence. I would add photos but apparently I have reached my limit with blogger and have to pay to add more...I don't know what I'm going to do because I have so many more pictures!

Anyway, it was a good weekend of travel and I'm glad that I did it, regardless of the difficulties. There's certainly nothing like seeing a familiar face when you've been away from home for so long. I am so grateful to have such a generous and loving friend in Olivia. And so I came back to Rome refreshed and rejuvenated, ready to take on the workload I had avoided for 4 days...
Yeah, I didn't believe myself either. 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment