Today was my first day of the corso intensivo di lingua italiana, or Italian practicum. This is the intensive three week course of Italian language classes before we all begin our core courses. Currently, I am enrolled in livello principianti assoluti. Although this may sound both dignified and regal, don't be mistaken friends. Five year old Italian children could probably run laps around this class.
I actually enjoyed the class a lot. Our professore is an energetic, enthusiastic, and sweaty man named Mario. He taught us the alphabet, numbers, a couple verbs, and how to have an introductory conversation with someone in Italian. We practiced in pairs and in front of the class (yikes). It wasn't that scary though. There's only 18 of us. Even though I kept wanting to pronounce everything with a French accent (the only language I've learned besides English), I think I'll do well. I'm motivated to learn, since every interaction I've had so far with Italian people includes me nodding and smiling like the ignorant American that I am. I'm not into that.
The rest of this past weekend was pretty low key. Saturday night I ended up going out to a club in the Testaccio area with the girls I had met earlier that day. Not the gay bars but still fun. Katie even caught a cab from her homestay house and joined us, which was great. It was free to get in but drinks were expen$ive so Katie and I decided to get some shots instead (just guess what I ordered). They weren't much cheaper, but hey. YOLO.
We then proceeded to the steamy dance floor and grooved to the American top 40 remixes they were playing. It was a lot of fun because we were familiar with the songs and there wasn't a ton of
I also got lucky with only one creeper the entire night! He kept following me around even though I thought I was making my decline pretty clear by dancing over to different groups of friends and not acknowledging him. He caught on eventually though and latched onto a different girl. Huzzah. But anyways, it was still a really fun night.
Sunday was intended to be my chore day since there were thunderstorms predicted and I was feeling a little under the weather. But since every store I tried to go to was closed, that clearly didn't happen. However, I am now caught up to the end of the 4th season of the Vampire Diaries and am getting down to my last pairs of clean undies. My life be like.
Well, I have our welcome dinner in an hour and I have no idea where it is yet, sooo
ta ta for nowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) <3 :) <3 :) <3
No comments:
Post a Comment