So today was somewhat uneventful. The highlights were my first cup of coffee (amazing!) and seeing the city center of Rome for our orientation. It was much more what I expected Rome to be, with old buildings and quaint little trattorias. We also had the cutest little family dinner with our apartment which my roommate Carmen and I cooked. It was simple and delicious, with ingredients bought from the local Simply down the street.
Oh! And I bought my first bottle of wine all by myself! It was a moment. Though to be honest, it wasn't that great. Reminded me of two buck chuck from home. Holla Ethel! Oh well. It was great getting to know all the girls in my apartment better. We gushed about our favorite tv shows, books, and drinks. I even revealed my embarrassing obsession with The Vampire Diaries and they still accepted me! I think we're going to get along great.
Right now, Carmen and I are getting ready to go out for my first night on the town in Rome. We're playing a station of guilty pleasure music, such as The Backstreet Boys and Michael Jackson, and getting all dolled up, so it's enjoyable. I'll let you know all about it tomorrow! Hopefully I'll get some pics, if I don't get too drunky. No promises.
Ciao for now! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment