Wednesday, September 26, 2012

a precursor

Ok. I've put off writing these posts for too long now. This is due to a few reasons, but mostly it's because I feel like there's no way any post that I write will ever do my trip justice. I'm just not that good of a writer. But I guess it's time I gave it my best shot. Plus I know you are all dying of curiosity as to how it all went, and I can't possibly have you suffer at my expense.

The days before I left were spent in high anticipation of my departure.

My Italian final went pretty well, I think. I don't know for sure yet, because we haven't received our grades yet, but I felt confident about it. I could not celebrate all my hard work though because, to my dismay, that very same day I caught a nasty bug that had been floating around my apartment. I tried in vain to knock it out by being the world's biggest couch potato for the entire weekend (i.e., sleeping eating and watching movies on my computer), but I woke up the day of our departure still feeling like poop. There was no way I was going to let this ruin my trip though. So at 5am on Monday morning, I woke up sleepy and excited, and the five of us girls hopped in a cab to Fiumicino to catch our flight to Sardinia.

Since it would take me a week to describe each day in detail (and I'd probably kill myself before I even finished), I've decided to hit you with just the highlights and the lowlights. Also, I'm too busy PACKING FOR OKTOBERFEST!!!!...to devote my entire night to this blog.

But more on that later. Sardinia, comin atcha.

1 comment:

  1. homegirl, your travels and pictures are always a jawdropper. I can't believe you are doing all this and there is so much more at frickin OKTOBERFEST awaiting for you

    ReplyDelete