It's Saturday night, and I'm sitting at home in my bed. And I couldn't be happier. I got back just a little while ago from a lovely dinner with two of my girlfriends, Katie and Ally. We began the evening at an adorable little wine bar with an outdoor patio. I drank a delightful glass of their house syrah while we basked in the comfortable warmth of the Roman twilight. Today was the first day where the temperature was actually reasonable, so by tonight it was perfect. When our stomachs began to grumble, we walked only a hundred feet to a small restaurant with twinkly lights and a friendly host. He seated us at an outdoor table and our server brought us each a glass of sparkling wine on the house. I ordered a delicious gnocchi marinara and the three of us talked about everything and nothing. We finished the night with delicious gelato from Vice, my new favorite place that's on the way to school (a blessing and a curse). It was truly the perfect evening in every way.
| En route to dinner! |
| Yours truly |
![]() |
| Katie (so serious) |
![]() |
| Ally |
| Look how cute we are! LOOK. |
| Mascarpone gelato |
Patrick took a group of us to the Gay Village of Rome (I realize that this is the second gay place I have visited recently, so just for anyone wondering: no, I have not traded teams). Our night started off a little rough, with a late departure - my fault - and a wrong bus, but eventually we arrived. And when we did, we were like kids who had just walked into Disneyland for the first time. Picture a large outdoor club with bright lights, glamorous people and loud dance-inducing music. Now picture that times five, on a large city block. It was almost too much to handle.
Once we made our way to the front of the line, we
We stayed for hours that really seemed like days, literally dancing the night away. The whole experience was very surreal. At one point a quintuplet of Gaga-esque dancers came out onto the stage and gyrated around in neon leotards, followed by a trio of ladies who had perfected the technique of a$$-shaking. It didn't feel real, but the stench of cigarette smoke from my hair this morning proved otherwise. I'll definitely be going back.
Tomorrow morning I'll meet Katie and Ally for a guided city tour that our school is offering. I'm not sure exactly what we'll be visiting but I'm excited, as I feel like I still have so much to see. And it's fo freeee.
Welp I'm headed to bed now. Nighty night!


No comments:
Post a Comment